Decades Of Experience In Medical Malpractice Litigation
When medical negligence or an error causes an injury or wrongful death, patients and their families need someone to guide them through the confusion of the next few days, weeks and months. An experienced medical malpractice attorney is an invaluable advocate during this difficult time.
At Shelly Law Offices, LLC, attorney Carol A. Shelly has more than 35 years of experience as a tenacious litigator. She understands the complexities of medical malpractice cases and is prepared to clearly explain your options. Our entire legal team is committed to working hard to recover compensation for medical malpractice victims.
Experienced, Aggressive Representation
Working with high-quality medical experts is a must in medical malpractice. We utilize the best medical experts possible from Pennsylvania and throughout the U.S. Additionally, we work with life-care planners and economists to calculate the amount of compensation clients will need to cover their past, present and future losses, including medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
You can come to our firm for help with nearly any medical malpractice claim, including:
- Hospital liability. Hospitals can be held responsible for the errors their staff make.
- Negligent care. The carelessness or negligence of individual medical care providers can lead to serious patient injury.
- Birth injuries. Inattention or negligence in the delivery room can cause lifelong injuries.
- Failure to diagnose/delayed diagnosis of cancer. A missed diagnosis can mean limited options for treatment down the line.
- Anesthesia errors. Serious injury and even death can result if anesthesiologists are careless or negligent.
- Surgical errors. Patients may be injured when surgeons leave instruments behind, operate on the wrong side of the body or make other errors.
- Medication errors. Incorrect dosing, administering the wrong medication or other medication errors can cause serious or fatal reactions.
- Nursing home liability. When your loved one is injured in a facility that is supposed to help, you may be able to file a lawsuit.
- Emergency room errors. The urgency of emergency room situations sometimes creates greater risk for mistakes.
- Nursing errors. Falling accidents, medication errors and lack of infection control are three common incidents that can indicate nursing negligence.
- Pulmonary embolism. Medical professionals have a duty to recognize and promptly treat this potentially fatal event.
- Sepsis (infection). Medical professionals’ failure to recognize this blood infection can result in death.
This is not a complete list; please speak with us if you do not see your case listed above.
For a free consultation, please call our Doylestown office at 267-454-6594 or 866-214-3323 toll free, or contact us online.